It becomes really critical when you have lost your phone however technological advancements have made it easier to locate the lost phones and devices to be located easily without the need of any application.
Tracking a lost iPhone or iPad without any app:
Log in to iCloud and start “Find My iPhone”
- Sign into iCloud using your Apple ID and you should see the “Find My iPhone” icon in the second row. Click on it to start the tracker.
Choose your lost device and start the tracking process
- Select “All Devices” from the drop-down menu
- Select your missing device
- The tracking of your device will now start.
- If successful, you should be able to see its location on the map.
After you have tracked the device on the map, you are at liberty to activate lost mode by triggering an acoustic signal or use “Erase” option as the last resort.Just remember that the erase will delete documents and data from iPhone