If you are looking to connect Xbox 360 console to Xbox live, if you do not have a router, you may wonder how else you can do it. Another way to do it is to use your windows computer and internet connections. However, when the computer is connected using the point to point protocol then it may not really work well with windows 8.1. In many cases, using point to point protocol will require that you use a router.
Connecting the Xbox 360 console may require you to use the windows internet connecting sharing that will enable you to share the connection between the computer and the Xbox 360 console. This allows both your console and the computer to share the same internet access at simultaneously.
How to get the internet connecting sharing
- The first thing is to ensure that your computer has two network adapters. Many computers have both wired and wireless connections.
- Click the start button on the computer
- In the search programs and files part writes in ncpa.cpl and press enter. If you are using windows XP you can do this by clicking the windows button and click on run. From run and type in ncpa.cpl in the open box, then click the Ok button.
- After the pop- up box has opened, right click on the network connecting that you want to share. After clicking on the connections, you can then click on the properties. It is more appropriate for you to share networks connections that are between your computer and your modem rather than sharing the one between your computer and your Xbox 360 console. Click the sharing tab. People, who are using the windows XP, select the advanced tab.
- Ensure that all your Xbox 360 settings are set to automatic