There are two methods to backup iPhone via:
Each one has advantage and disadvantage:
- iCloud Stores backups in the cloud
- iTunes stores backups on your Mac or PC
- iCloud Offers up to 1TB of storage 5 gb free
- iCloud encrypts your backups and iTunes encrypts too
- itunes backup do not require internet where as iCloud backup is internet dependent
Backing up using iCloud:
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network
- In iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup
- iCloud Backup should be turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now and wait till the backup completes
- Make sure the backup finished
- Goto Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device.
- The backup should appear in the details with the time and backup size.
Make a backup with iTunes
- To start Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
- The app store content can be stored Goto File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. Then wait for the transfer to finish. If you're using Microsoft Windows and File menu is hidden, hold down the Control and B keys.
- When the transfer completes, you can see if your backup finished successfully in iTunes Preferences > Devices.