There are 10 steps to open a book store :
1. Choose the type of bookstore you want to open before developing a business plan.
2. Examine your interests and personality to develop a public face for your bookstore.
3. File for a new business license with municipal and state agencies before proceeding any further.
4. Balance rental costs with location when searching for your store's retail space.
5. Connect with reliable sources of book, newspaper and magazine inventory before worrying about a bookstore's interior design.
6. Decorate the interior of your bookstore creatively to appeal to artists, writers and readers.
7. nstall several reading areas throughout the store to encourage consumers to sample books and magazines.
8. Hire a small staff of reliable employees several weeks before opening your bookstore.
9. Organize an opening day event to encourage first-time visitors to return for additional purchases and special orders.
10. Aim creative advertisements for your bookstore at high-impact areas before the opening day event.